Interruptions and distractions are something that all architects deal with in life, school and the profession. How do we deal with them? In Episode 57 Archispeak… oh, did we forget to mention we will be attending the AIA Convention in Atlanta in May? Wait, what was that again? Oh, yes, distractions caused by co-workers, notifications on our computers and phones make it difficult to stay productive. We provide tips and… oh, and we are also going to be doing daily episodes from the AIA Convention… so listen in as we share some neuroses of some of our coworkers and challenge our audience to do the same.
This episode of Archispeak is sponsored by:
- ARCAT: Would you like someone to draw CAD details, BIM objects and write specifications for you, for free? ARCAT has already done all this for you. Search the ARCAT libraries for these products and more, free of charge, and no registration required to download content.
- ArchiSnapper: ArchiSnapper is a simple tool for creating and managing field reports. With ArchiSnapper, architects can draft reports on site using their phone or tablet. Grow your business instead of struggling with field reports, and get a 30-day free trial.
- Image Wizards: Image Wizards are the inventors and industry leader for printing images on aluminum. Image Wizards uses cutting-edge technology to produce prints that are so vivid and detailed that it’s comparable to seeing HD television for the first time. For interior designers and architects who need the best medium for showcasing artwork and photography, there is no substitute.
Would you like to sponsor Archispeak? It's easy! Visit our "Sponsorship" page.
Connect with Archispeak
Like the show? Please rate it on iTunes.
Friends of the Show
The show is also supported by our listeners. Your generous donations keep the show going by paying for all the infrastructure it takes to make it possible. Become a “Friend of the Show” by donating at least $5 and you will get your name read on the next episode.
Episode 57 supporting Friends of the Show:
We truly thank you for your support! We couldn’t do it without you. Would you consider supporting us? It’s easy! Visit our “Donate” page.
Architect Exam Prep.
Another way you can support the show and help yourself pass the ARE is by visiting our “Pass the Architect’s Registration Exam” page. For those of you not yet licensed, here's an affordable set of study tools to help you conquer the ARE's. David's study guides are proven to get you passing the exams. How do we know? Our listeners have told us!
Note: All links open in a new window in case you are listening to the podcast on the site.
- Equity by Design Hackathon at AIA National Convention at Atlanta
- Archinect Sessions Podcast
- Steve Hall Architecture - Profile
- SQUIRREL! - YouTube
The music for this episode is This is What You Get by System Kid. You can buy their music on iTunes. Support the band!