In the first of a two part episode Archispeak begins the discussion with a question about how architects address staffing in an improving economy and expands to include various related topics. In part one we explore what are "normal" business hours, having a strategy for growth verses just reacting to a changing market, plus the challenge of finding staff that "speaks" the same CAD/BIM language. It's what happens when three architects walk into a bar and conversation ensues.
This episode of Archispeak is sponsored by:
- ARCAT: Would you like someone to draw CAD details, BIM objects and write specifications for you, for free? ARCAT has already done all this for you. Search the ARCAT libraries for these products and more, free of charge, and no registration required to download content.
- Image Wizards: Image Wizards, the inventors and industry leader for printing images on aluminum. Image Wizards uses cutting-edge technology to produce prints that are so vivid and detailed that it’s comparable to seeing HD television for the first time. For interior designers and architects who need the best medium for showcasing artwork and photography, there is no substitute.
- Roundhouse Labs: RoundhousePM is an online communication tool for tracking project information like Construction Documents, RFIs, Submittals, Pay Applications, etc. RoundhousePM was developed by industry leading architects to enhance their own business and profitability. It was such a success, they have refined it and are offering it to the general AEC market.
Would you like to sponsor Archispeak? It's easy! Visit our "Sponsorship" page.
Connect with Archispeak
Like the show? Please rate it on iTunes.
Friends of the Show
The show is also supported by our listeners. Your generous donations keep the show going by paying for all the infrastructure it takes to make it possible. Become a “Friend of the Show” by donating at least $5 and you will get your name read on the next episode.
Episode 58 supporting Friends of the Show:
We truly thank you for your support! We couldn’t do it without you.
Would you consider supporting us? It’s easy! Visit our “Donate” page.
Architect Exam Prep.
Another way you can support the show and help yourself pass the ARE is by visiting our “Pass the Architect’s Registration Exam” page. For those of you not yet licensed, here's an affordable set of study tools to help you conquer the ARE's. David's study guides are proven to get you passing the exams. How do we know? Our listeners have told us!
Note: All links open in a new window in case you are listening to the podcast on the site.
- Basecamp (formerly 37 Signals)
- Rework - Book by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- Remote - Book by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hansson
- Equity by Design Hackathon at AIA National Convention at Atlanta
The music for this episode is This is What You Get by System Kid. You can buy their music on iTunes. Support the band!