Architects face rejection all the time, from the very first critique all the way through their professional careers. How one deals with that rejection can make a huge difference in their personal and professional lives. In Episode 55 Archispeak explores the different types of rejection architects encounter, including turning the tables and rejecting potential clients, then provides insider tips on how best to turn those negatives into positives.
This episode of Archispeak is sponsored by:
- ARCAT: Would you like someone to draw CAD details, BIM objects and write specifications for you, for free? ARCAT has already done all this for you. Search the ARCAT libraries for these products and more, free of charge, and no registration required to download content.
- ArchiSnapper: ArchiSnapper is a simple tool for creating and managing field reports. With ArchiSnapper, architects can draft reports on site using their phone or tablet. Grow your business instead of struggling with field reports, and get a 30-day free trial.
Would you like to sponsor Archispeak? It's easy! Visit our "Sponsorship" page.
Connect with Archispeak
Like the show? Please rate it on iTunes.
Friends of the Show
The show is also supported by our listeners. Your generous donations keep the show going by paying for all the infrastructure it takes to make it possible. Become a “Friend of the Show” by donating at least $5 and you will get your name read on the next episode.
Episode 55 supporting Friends of the Show:
We truly thank you for your support! We couldn’t do it without you.
Would you consider supporting us? It’s easy! Visit our “Donate” page.
Architect Exam Prep.
Another way you can support the show and help yourself pass the ARE is by visiting our “Pass the Architect’s Registration Exam” page. For those of you not yet licensed, here's an affordable set of study tools to help you conquer the ARE's. David's study guides are proven to get you passing the exams. How do we know? Our listeners have told us!
Note: All links open in a new window in case you are listening to the podcast on the site.
- "Rejection is Good for You" - Evan Troxel
- Jonathan Ive and the Future of Apple - The New Yorker
- Critique and Criticism - Archispeak Episode #45
- ARCAT on the App Store on iTunes
- E.O. Wilson Biophilia Center
The music for this episode is This is What You Get by System Kid. You can buy their music on iTunes. Support the band!