Archispeak Episode 75 dives deep covering several topics centered around the studio and office environment. We discuss the evolving world of sketching with new tools such as Apple's new iPad Pro and Apple Pencil (Check out Cormac's examples below), music, fashion and new hire hazing rituals. We even mix in some office competitions, with Cormac winning his office's big Chili Cook Off!
Friends of the Show
The show is also supported by our listeners. Your generous donations keep the show going by paying for all the infrastructure it takes to make it possible. Become a “Friend of the Show” by donating at least $5 and you will get your name read on the next episode.
Episode 75 supporting Friends of the Show:
- Ramzi Chahin
- Orla Huq
We truly thank you for your support! We couldn’t do it without you. Would you consider supporting us? It’s easy! Visit our “Donate” page.
Note: All links open in a new window in case you are listening to the podcast on the site.
- iPad Pro - Apple
- Apple Pencil
- Architosh launches new tablets in Architecture research survey
- Poll: How much should your CAD/BIM software cost? - Apple for Architects
- Poll: How many monitors make up your CAD/BIM workstation? - Apple for Architects
- Autodesk Software Subscription Overview
- Viewpoint: How Apple’s iPad Pro and devices like it will change Architecture
- Starvitecture - Build Blog
- The Social Jukebox App
- Newforma - Manage Project Information
- Procreate - Sketch, paint, create.
- for Meetings - Manage meeting notes, agendas and minutes
- inShort - Build diagrams of processes and monitor their execution.
- Tayasui Sketches - Draw, paint and doodle ideas like on paper. (Note: Cormac's and Evan's favorite sketching app for the iPad.
The music for this episode is This is What You Get by System Kid. You can buy their music on iTunes. Support the band!