According to Frank Gehry, "In this world we are living in, 98 percent of everything that is built and designed today is pure shit." So, where does that leave us, the rest of the world's architects? In Episode 46 of Archispeak, we discuss Mr. Gehry's comments and whether you agree or disagree, it's good to have these conversations.
We are the 98 Percent!
This episode of Archispeak is sponsored by:
Wallprotex: Commercial wall protection product manufacturer.
Connect with Archispeak
Like the show? Please rate it on iTunes.
Friends of the Show
The show is also supported by our listeners! Your generous donations keep the show going by paying for all the infrastructure it takes to make it possible. Become a “Friend of the Show” by donating at least $5 and you will get your name read on the next episode.
Episode 46 supporting Friends of the Show:
- Eduardo Colon
- Andrew Jinks
We truly thank you for your support! We couldn’t do it without you.
Would you consider supporting us? It’s easy. Just click the “Donate” button below!
Note: All links open in a new window in case you are listening to the podcast on the site.
- Frank Gehry Says Architecture Today Is "Pure Shit" – Gizmodo
- Famous architects flipping the bird – Support Frank Gehry
- Frank Gehry No Longer Allowed To Make Sandwiches For Grandkids
- Gehry's Retort Pop Art T-shirts
- Frank Gehry gives journalist the finger – The Guardian
- Gehry Gets Sweary After Architecture Query Irks – Architecture Record
- Frank Gehry Claims Today’s Architecture is (Mostly) “Pure Shit” – ArchDaily
- Frank Gehry’s Digital Defiance – The New Yorker
- "98% of what gets built today is shit" says Frank Gehry – Dezeen
- Frank O. Gehry, 2014 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts – Video
- Frank Gehry Is Still the World's Worst Living Architect – Gizmodo
The music for this episode is This is What You Get by System Kid. You can buy their music on iTunes. Support the band!