For Episode #44, Archispeak does some followup on several listener calls and comments from prior episodes. We then spend the remainder of the show on another listener suggested topic (see, we do listen so keep calling in) and put on our "Preservation Pants" and tackle the Louis Cherry designed Oakwood Modern Home controversy.
Also, we are happy to announce that the Missing 32% Project, Equity by Design 10/18/14, which Archispeak will attend, is sold out! If you're attending the event, please make sure to introduce yourself and maybe you too can be on the show.
Connect with Archispeak
Like the show? Please rate it on iTunes.
Friends of the Show
The show is entirely supported by us and our listeners! Your generous donations keep the show going by paying for all the infrastructure it takes to make it possible. Become a “Friend of the Show” by donating at least $5 and you will get your name read on the next episode. We truly thank you for your support! We couldn’t do it without you.
Would you consider supporting us? It’s easy. Just click the “Donate” button below!
Architect Exam Prep.
Another way you can support the show and help yourself pass the ARE is by visiting our “Pass the Architect’s Registration Exam” page. For those of you not yet licensed, here's an affordable set of study tools to help you conquer the ARE's. David's study guides are proven to get you passing the exams. How do we know? Our listeners have told us!
Note: All links open in a new window in case you are listening to the podcast on the site.
- The Missing 32% Project - Equity by Design 10/18/14
- Archispeak #39 - Srsly Millennials?
- Archispeak #42 - Architects' Websites
- Jeff Echols - Architect of the Internet
- River Pools - Welcome to Inground Pool 101!
- Dustin Altschul - Comment on Archispeak #43 - Value Engineering
- Cormac Phalen - art, architecture and coffee
- TRXL - I MAKE THINGS, SOLVE PROBLEMS THROUGH DESIGN, AND TEACH EVERYTHING I KNOW.
- Rusty Long - Architect
- Louis Cherry Architecture - Controversy
- Is This House Too Modern to Exist? - Vanity Fair
- Don’t Like Your Neighbors’ House? Sue Them. - New York Times
- Google Street View of the Louis Cherry Oakwood Home
- Timeline for the Louis Cherry and Marsha Gordon House, 516 Euclid, Raleigh NC
- Modern Oakwood home construction can continue, judge rules - WNCN
- Oakwood Modern House Parody Twitter Account
- Why Fake Vintage Buildings are a Blow to Architecture, Historic Neighborhoods, and the Character of a City - Substainable Cities Collective
The music for this episode is This is What You Get by System Kid. You can buy their music on iTunes. Support the band!