What do architects do outside of architecture? In episode 40, Archispeak looks outside the office window and discusses our hobbies. Stick with the episode, through the comic geekery, for some solid advice on the advantages of taking a break from architecture.
Episode 40 Contest
The person who comes closest to guessing the actual number of books in Neal’s comic collection will get their name read on the next episode. Post your guesses in the comments section for this episode.
Connect with Archispeak
Like the show? Please rate it on iTunes.
Friends of the Show
The show is entirely supported by us and our listeners! Your generous donations keep the show going by paying for all the infrastructure it takes to make this show possible. Become a “Friend of the Show” by donating at least $5 and you will get your name read on the next episode.
Episode 40 supporting Friends of the Show:
We truly thank you for your support! We couldn’t do it without you.
Would you consider supporting us? It’s easy. Just click the “Donate” button below!
Architect Exam Prep.
Another way you can support the show and help yourself pass the ARE, is by visiting our “Pass the Architect’s Registration Exam” page. For those of you not yet licensed, here's an affordable set of study tools to help you conquer the ARE's. David's study guides are proven to get you passing the exams. How do we know? Our listeners have told us!
Note: All links open in a new window in case you are listening to the podcast on the site.
- Comicbase - The world’s #1 software for comic book collectors
- Heroes and Villains Comics - Neal’s local comic shop
- Capital Comics - Cormac’s “local” comic shop
- Third Eye Comics - Another comic shop frequented by Cormac
- Big Planet Comics - And yet another Cormac comic shop (Who has a problem?)
- Zion National Park
- Zion Slot Canyons
- 127 hours
- Apple iPhone
- Instagram / Neal / Evan / Cormac
- TRXL (Evan’s personal site)
- Archispeak Podcast Episode #31 - Architecture Will Kill You
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- Frank Lloyd Wright in Oak Park, 1889-1909
- Alexander Calder
- Stampede by System Kid
- 20 Feet from Stardom
- Salk Institute
The music for this episode is This is What You Get by System Kid. You can buy their music on iTunes. Support the band!